Thursday 7 May 2009

Of Spring and Sum(m)er



It has come to my attention, being Welsh, or Celtic, how rare it is to come across another Pagan in Wales. It is a striking irony, that we live in a Celtic land yet lack our old beliefs.

Although our beliefs and/or 'religion' are more widely known now, and accepted by others, the majority of people still do frown upon the unknown.

Anyway, enough of the Saxon criticism, I shall move on to more -interesting- matters. Summer Solstice is ever approaching (20-21st depending where you're at), now being a shy person I normally celebrate such things alone, take a walk through the wooded area near me, some quiet time in meditation there etc, but this year I've joined a group ( Stated somewhere in my links) “Cardiff's Pagan society”, to try and get out of my Shell and explore with people whom share similar views and beliefs to me.

Knowing me though, i'll probably back out unless I have someone familiar to go with, but even if I don't go, I might spend the day at St.Ffagons. Something has always drawn me to that 'neck of the woods', since I was a young lass.

(For those not from Wales, or Cardiff even St.Ffagons is an outdoor Museum, might sound a bit trashy to spend the Summer solstice, hm? But if you know the places where I know, then it's a beautiful place to spend it indeed! )

When I was slightly younger ( about 11-12) I was playing in St.Ffagons, when my cousin found a slight place beside the actual Museum, through some wooded area, there we found old un-restored cottages. Completely wild and over grown, but it was in the middle of Spring-Summer, so there were flowers sprouting and smaller animals living in the 'ruins', ever since that day, there has always been something special about that place, something . . .Magical.

But knowing the times we live in, Cardiff Council have probably restored them, or put a sign up saying 'Keep out'. But hopefully, Enki willing, they should be still there as beautiful as they were when we first found them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment