Wednesday 27 May 2009

Inanna Riddle

A riddle I made up for a friend. It's based on the Goddess Inanna, but I thought it so good (for me even!) I would post it here and on facebook notes. Do enjoy!

Maybe obvious to the people whom are in to what I am, but the Riddle was dedicated to a friend, but I liked it SO much I will let everyone have a crack at it!

Amongest the stars do I lay,
and to my kin do I pay.
Of constellations reside so high,
and with my wings do I fly.
Of foot and lion and womens deeds,
of pain and war are similar deeds.
Adorn thy headdress and within thy stride,
the hidden amulette in which I hide-
But within such faith you will find.
Of beauty, love,honour,delight,
Like a raging bull do I fight.
Children of Sumer I watch over thee,
guide thy path thus to see-
That amongest the starts do I lay,
of one such star remains by day


Who am I?


The old and new English use of language is a clue also.

No comments:

Post a Comment