Sunday 10 May 2009

Dedication days and Days of prayer.

For the past three or so years I have dedicated two days a week to meditation and/or studying. It has changed over the past years, from Wednesdays and Thursdays, to Wednesdays and Sundays, now it's Saturday and Sundays.
On these days, it normally consists of deep mediation in empowering ones form, Prayers to Enki and the other Anunnaki and studying then after (Normally the Sunday, but studying can and normally does continue in to the week.).
Studying then can vary from Herbal themes, Sumerian mythology and culture, to other meditation tips and advise. Anything which can better ones self, and knowledge in the arts in which I study I normally read and copy out in to my personal 'book of shadows'.
Meditation on the other hand normally stays the same each week, and when i'm ready, I advance with a better technique and a better meditation.

(List of my meditations:

Cleaning ones Aura
Chakra cleansing
Strengthening ones Aura
Third eye meditation
Trance practise (Ritual based)
Void meditations

( All meditations, I did indeed get from the JoS, as I stated before, their meditation techniques work wonders!)


On the studying aspect of things, I am reading a book on Inanna Hymns and poems, based around her most famous of stories; Inanna and the Huluppu Tree, Inanna and the God of Wisdom, Inanna and the descent in to the underworld etc etc.
Great analysis and interpretations in to the poems also. Considering i've almost finished the analysis of the book (Poems and hymns already read, and I will eventually post some) I intend to go on and study more of herbs and spells, to balance out the practical with the theological and keep my knowledge uptodate with the craft as well as Sumerian history and mythology.

No comments:

Post a Comment